The Six of Cups takes us back to a time when life was simpler and we had lesser cares. The miniature adults or children on the cards are happy gifting each other bouquets and flowers.
The Six of Cups is all about the innocence of youth. This could be a fond remembrance of one’s childhood or a nostalgic reminiscence of the past. When you see the Six of Cups, it may mean an encounter with someone from your past.
The past can be a wondrous place when we were children and had no cares in the world. This is about tuning in to that warm vibe of being cared for and pampered. The heart is always happier in this place and even the small sorrows or mishappenings can be remembered with laughter.
This is a card that has the magical rune Gifu shown on the crest. Gifu looks like an X. Gifu means a gift and is a rune of love and happiness. This card thus is a reminder to have gratitude for the little blessings of the universe.
Do think of all you have to be grateful for. Have a thought of what brings you the deepest joy and what is your most valued nontangible gift?
This card can also represent children. You could be hosting a playdate and be swept with nostalgia into the happy playdates that your parents set up for you. This is a card of deep emotional ties and could also be about you musing about your family or siblings by blood or choice.
Meditation On The Six Of Cups
Perfect happiness is a beautiful sunset, the giggle of a grandchild, the first snowfall. It’s the little things that make happy moments, not the grand events. Joy comes in sips, not gulps. Sharon Draper
- What part of your past are you thinking about?
- What about it do you wish to bring back or recapture?
- What brought you happiness then and why?
- Do you feel you can reconnect with that joy now?
- What simple joys are you grateful for now?
- Are you working with children, or planning kids?
- Have you met someone from your past?
- If yes, how did that make you feel?
- Could you recapture the time you spent together in the past?
The Suit at a Glance
- Ace June 21- September 22
- Two June 21 – June 30
- Three July 1- July 10
- Four July 11 – July 22
- Five Of Cups October 23 – November 1
- Six November 2 – November 11
- Seven November 12 – November 22
- Eight February 19 – February 28
- Nine March 1- March 10
- Ten March 11 – March 20
- Page June 21- September 22
- Knight February 9 – March 10
- Queen October 12 – November 11
- King June 20 – July 10
If this Resonates with You Take A Class or Book A Reading.
Images Used on The Site. Illustrations from the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck, known also as the Rider Tarot and the Waite Tarot, reproduced by permission of U.S. Games Systems, Inc., Stamford, CT 06902. c. 1971 by U.S. Games Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. The Rider-Waite Tarot deck is a registered trademark of U.S. Games Systems, Inc